
The downward dog pose just about did me in today. Man am I a wimp. Apparently I need to do yoga more than one day a week. Maybe I'm low on iron. Anyone want to do steak for lunch? Any other ideas to get some iron, besides the pills?Here are some of the benefits of this pose, just in case you were wondering.
Benefits of Downward Dog Yoga Pose
- It elongates and release tension from your spine
- Stretches the calves, hands, arches and hamstrings
- Strengthens your shoulders, arms and back
- Improves mobility of the digestive system
- A mild inversion can calm your nervous system and helps in relieving stress
- Relieves headaches, fatigue, back pain and certain level of insomnia
- It also helps in relieving the symptoms for menopause
- It tones and strengthens your entire body and can also help to alleviate back pain.
Cautions Before Practicing Downward Dog Yoga Pose
- People with wrist problems like arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome are not supposed to do this asana
- If you have high blood pressure you should skip this asana
- People with eye or ear infection are not recommended to practise this asana, till the infections are cleared.
- During late-term pregnancy this pose must be avoided.
I love Yoga so much! And Pilates! I feel so good about life after I do them.. like.. everything is going to be ok. haha
ReplyDelete